Occupied property

Some homes may qualify to be exempt or receive a discount from Council Tax. This means the liable person will get a 100% exemption, or will pay a reduced amount of Council Tax. Certain residents can be disregarded (people not counted when calculating Council Tax). 

Get more information by selecting the criteria below:

How to apply

You can apply online for a discount or exemption. If you need any assistance, contact our Customer Advice and Support Service

How to cancel your discount or exemption

Find out how to notify us of a change of circumstances

How do I notify you of potential Council Tax fraud?

You can report this online. If you need any assistance, contact our Customer Advice and Support Service.

Apply for a discount or exemption for an occupied property