Some homes may qualify to be exempt or receive a discount from Council Tax. This means the liable person will get a 100% exemption, or will pay a reduced amount of Council Tax. Certain residents can be disregarded (people not counted when calculating Council Tax).
Get more information by selecting the criteria below:
- Apprentice or Skillseeker
- Armed Forces Personnel
- Care Leavers
- Care Workers
- In Hospital or Care Home
- In Prison or Military Detention
- Receiving Child Benefit
- Religious Community Members
- Severely Mentally Impaired
- Spouses (non-British) of Students
- Students and School Leavers
- Tied or job related accommodation
- Under 18s
How to apply
How to cancel your discount or exemption
Find out how to notify us of a change of circumstances.
How do I notify you of potential Council Tax fraud?