If some or all occupants of the property are students you may be entitled to a discount.
How to apply
- If all of the occupants are students, download the Council Tax Exemption Application Form (Occupied Property)
- If there are two or more occupants and at least one person is not a student, download the Council Tax Discount Application Form.
In both cases, you will need to provide a certificate from the educational establishment confirming:
- your student status
- start date of the course
- expected end date of the course
- name of the course
- that the course is full-time
You must be aged over 18 but under 20 and on the 30 of April previously be a student undertaking a qualifying course of education (including attending school).
You will need to provide supporting documentation and complete the Council Tax Discount Application Form.
- school/college attended
- course undertaken
- date of leaving school/college
The period 1 May to 31 October following the person leaving school or college may be disregarded.