Road signs

No Ball Games signs

No ball games signs aren’t permitted under the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 and have no legal basis, so we don’t provide signs.

Housing developments

Housing Associations may provide no ball game signs in their own developments/private areas but we don’t support this.

Council properties displaying No Ball Games signs

No ball games signs should not be mounted on any council owned property. Existing signs within public areas can remain, but if they become damaged or worn, we won’t replace them.

Damage to property

Contact Police Scotland if your property or vehicle is being damaged because of ball games, or discuss the issue with your neighbours. You can also consider reporting issues as anti-social behaviour.