Report a pothole or other road and pavement issue
You can report the following non-urgent issues online:
- cattle grids
- manhole covers
- other surface problems
- road markings/crossings/cat's eyes
- road signs (non illuminated)
- road verges
- street nameplates
Issues we don't manage
We’re responsible for looking after public roads in the Scottish Borders. We don’t deal with issues on:
If your issue is on a trunk road, report it to BEAR Scotland.
Dangerous road and pavement faults
Don't report online if the issue is an immediate and critical hazard to road users.
Instead, check our opening times and call the most appropriate number:
- Customer Advice and Support on 0300 100 1800
- Emergency Out of Hours on 01896 752111
What happens next?
To help us decide how quickly we need to take action various factors are considered, such as:
- risk to public safety
- size and depth of the pothole
- type, speed and volume of traffic on the road
- road alignment and visibility
- position of the damage
Once our investigation is complete, we’ll let you know what the next steps are if you logged into MyScotBorders or provided an email when you made your report.