Road signs

No Ball Games signs

We do not provide No Ball Games signs as they are not permitted by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 and have no legal basis.

Housing developments

Housing associations may provide these in their own developments/private areas but we do not support this.

Council properties displaying No Ball Games signs

No Ball Games signs should not be mounted on any council owned property.

Any existing signs within public areas will be allowed to remain, however if/when they become damaged or worn, we will not replace them.

Damage to property

If properties or vehicles are being damaged due to ball games, you should contact Police Scotland or discuss the issue with your neighbours.