Promoting responsible dog ownership
We are keen to promote responsible dog ownership and have a range of initiatives in place, including:
- educating dog owners as to their responsibilities
- taking enforcement action against offenders
- providing litter bins throughout the Borders for the disposal of dog fouling and general litter
- erecting "No Fouling" signs and posters
- giving talks to primary school children/ community groups
If you wish to display our new poster, you can download it from our Flickr page.
If you would like to request a talk or a poster please contact safer communities online.
Councillors agreed way forward for responsible dog ownerships in the Borders in June 2018.
They approved the introduction of a new five year Responsible Dog Ownership Strategy, which will focus on a long-term approach in an effort to change behaviour through education and awareness.
The refreshed strategy will aim to build on the good work carried out in the current Responsible Dog Ownership Strategy, launched in 2016.