Report an issue with trees, grass, weeds or other vegetation

You can report the following non-urgent issues online:

  • grass cutting (not been cut in over 20 working days)
  • wildflowers
  • weeds
  • minor problems with trees

Issues we don't manage

We’re responsible for looking after public areas in the Scottish Borders. We don’t deal with the following issues:

  • issues on trunk roads
  • bushes, hedges or shrubs on private land or housing association land
  • tree roots blocking drains
  • issues with leaves, berries, sap, fruit, bird droppings, wild animals or insect pests
  • trees blocking light or view

If your issue is on a trunk road, report it to BEAR Scotland.

Fallen trees or dangerous branches

Don't report online if the issue is an immediate and critical hazard, for example:

  • blocking a road, footpath, access to property
  • fallen onto a property or vehicle
  • large branch has broken off or is hanging off the tree
  • rocking at the base (roots are damaged)
  • snapped or blown over
  • uprooted but held up by another tree or building

Instead, check our opening times and call the most appropriate number:

  • Customer Advice and Support: 0300 100 1800
  • emergency out of hours: 01896 752111

What happens next?

To help us decide how quickly we need to take action various factors are considered, such as:

  • risk to public safety
  • position of the issue
  • severity of the issue

Once our investigation is complete, we’ll let you know what the next steps are if you logged into MyScotBorders or provided an email when you made your report.

Contact Neighbourhood Services

Address: Council Headquarters
Newtown St. Boswells

Telephone: 0300 100 1800