If you find a faulty street light, illuminated bollard or sign, pedestrian crossing or permanent traffic lights you can:
- report a faulty street light online
- call us on 0300 100 1800 during normal office hours
To help us make the repair more quickly please have the following details ready:
- lamp post number
- street name
- details of the problem
We aim to repair faults within 7 working days, however this can take longer if the fault is with the electrical supply and we need the power company to repair a fault.
If there is an immediate risk to health and safety, outside normal office hours, call 01896 752111. Immediate risks include:
- damaged or leaning lamp posts, traffic light or road sign
- exposed wiring or cables
- damaged, hanging or loose lantern cover
- traffic lights not working
Certain major roads are not our responsibility. These are:
- A7 south of Galashiels
Transport Scotland is responsible for trunk roads and reports should be made to their operating company Amey.