Biodiversity and planning
Supplementary planning guidance for biodiversity
The local biodiversity action plan (LBAP) process has led to the production of the supplementary planning guidance (SPG) for biodiversity which informs the biodiversity policies of the structure plan and local plan.
The process has also informed the SPG for wind energy and was integral to the development of the Scottish Borders Woodland Strategy.
Biodiversity and scottish rural development programme
The scottish development rural development programme (SRDP) includes priorities to deliver the 2020 challenge for Scotland’s biodiversity by:
- supporting appropriate management for vulnerable and iconic species and habitats
- strengthening ecological networks
- controlling invasive non-native species
- enhancing the condition of protected nature sites
Technical Advice Notes
We are producing a series of Technical Advice Notes (TANS) to provide advice to developers on ecological survey requirements, including:
- the types of development requiring survey
- the timing of surveys
- the information required to support Planning applications