Universal Credit

Get help to check entitlement to or apply for Universal Credit

If you’ve tried to use the eligibility checkers to see if you may be entitled but need further help, there are a number of options available to you.

Get help from your landlord if they are a Housing Association

We work in close partnership with the following Housing Associations. They have trained Welfare Benefit/Financial Inclusion Officers who are able to check your entitlement to benefit, and help you apply for any benefits you may be eligible for.

You can contact these Housing Associations directly for help and advice: 

See all registered social landlords in the Scottish Borders.

Get help from Citizens Advice Scotland

We also work together with Citizens Advice Scotland in the Scottish Borders. Not only are they able to assist you with checking entitlement, and helping you to apply, they also provide money advice on our behalf.

You can call your nearest Citizens Advice Scotland to make an appointment.

Customer Advice and Support Service

Address: Council Headquarters
Newtown St. Boswells

Telephone: 0300 100 1800