Equipment for people aiming to maximise independence and mobility is provided by our Community Equipment Service.
We provide a wide range of ability equipment which is available on loan if you have been assessed by a trained professional as needing them, including:
- bathing equipment such as bath boards or bath lifts
- toilet equipment such as a toilet surround with raised seat
- bed equipment such as pressure mattresses or back rests
- chair equipment such as raisers to raise height of chair
We deliver and uplift equipment across the whole of the Scottish Borders.
Equipment and services available
- you can try out equipment such as a stairlift and adjustable chairs or view home adaptations such as level-access showers. Professional advisors are available to help
- your new equipment will be delivered to your door. The equipment will be either fitted when it is delivered or we will arrange for it to be fitted as soon as possible after delivery
- repairs to your equipment are normally carried out in your home whenever possible
AskSARA is our free, easy-to-use website that provides advice and guidance about equipment and solutions that can make your life easier. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and could help you, or someone you care about, with your health, your home or your daily activities. Find out how AskSARA could help you
How much will it cost?
The cost of a service varies depending on your eligibility to receive it. In some cases services may be free. In others, a charge may be applied in line with our eligibility criteria and charging policy
How to get a service
- to help us decide what support may be available to help you and what charges may be applied, we will need you to have an assessment
- you can find out more by visiting your nearest What Matters Hub or by phoning us on 0300 100 1800 (option one)
- if you are not eligible to receive a free or subsidised service, or if you prefer to arrange a service directly without an assessment, you can contact SB Cares or another service provider