All school meals eaten in the Borders are produced in the Borders and our schools follow the same menus and recipes.
- school meals to 72 school kitchens across the Scottish Borders
- 6000 primary school meals a day
- school meals to pupils with special dietary requirements (please ask staff in the school office about the Special Dietary Requirement procedure)
- free school meals for every Primary 1 - 3 pupil
Our school meals are produced in line with the statutory nutrient standards for school lunches for pupils in primary and secondary schools as defined in Healthy Eating in Schools: A guide to implementing the nutritional requirements for food and drink in schools (Scotland) regulations, published in 2008.
There are 14 standards for Scottish school meals, these are for;
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Non-milk extrinsic sugars
- Fibre (NSP)
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Free school meals
You may be eligible to claim free school lunches for your child.
Find out more about the online payment facility for parents.