If you find a faulty street light, illuminated bollard or sign, pedestrian crossing or permanent traffic lights you can:
- report a faulty street light online
- phone us on 0300 100 1800 during normal office hours
To help us make the repair more quickly please have the following details ready:
- lamp post number
- street name
- details of the problem
We aim to repair faults within days working days, however this can take longer if the fault is with the electrical supply and we need the power company to repair a fault.
If there is an immediate risk to health and safety, outside normal office hours, phone 01896 752111. Immediate risks include:
- damaged or leaning lamp posts, traffic light or road sign
- exposed wiring or cables
- damaged, hanging or loose lantern cover
- traffic lights not working
Certain major roads are not our responsibility. These are:
- A7 south of Galashiels
Transport Scotland is responsible for trunk roads and reports should be made to their operating company, BEAR Scotland.