Report a bridge or underpass issue
You can report non-urgent bridge or underpass issue online for the following structures:
- foot bridges
- railway bridges
- road bridges
Issues we don't manage
We’re responsible for looking after public roads in the Scottish Borders. We don’t deal with issues on:
If your issue is on a trunk road, report it to BEAR Scotland.
Don't report online if the issue is an immediate and critical hazard to road users, for example:
- a bridge or underpass collapse or other similar surface defect
- major debris and spillages
- missing or seriously defective structure
Instead, check our opening times and call the most appropriate number:
- Customer Advice and Support: 0300 100 1800
- emergency out of hours: 01896 752111
What happens next?
To help us decide how quickly we need to take action various factors are considered, such as:
- risk to public safety
- type, speed and volume of traffic on the road
- position of the damage
Once our investigation is complete, we’ll let you know what the next steps are if you logged into MyScotBorders or provided an email when you made your report.