Bear Scotland are responsible for carrying out maintenance, on behalf of Transport Scotland, on the following roads in the Scottish Borders:
- A1 from the Scottish/English border to the boundary with East Lothian
- A7 from the boundary with Dumfries and Galloway to the Kingsknowes roundabout in Galashiels
- A68 from the Carter Bar to the boundary with Midlothian
- A6091 from the Kingsknowes roundabout in Galashiels to the Leaderfoot roundabout (the Melrose Bypass)
- A702 from the boundary with South Lanarkshire to the boundary with Midlothian
Urban streets which are part of trunk roads
There are some urban streets which connect to trunk roads in the Scottish Borders that are also classed as part of the trunk road network.
The A7 trunk road also includes the following urban streets:
- Hawick: Buccleuch Street, Sandbed roundabout, Albert Bridge, Commercial Road, Wilton Hill
- Selkirk: Ladylands, Tower Street, Market Place, Ettrick Terrace
The A68 trunk road also includes the following urban streets:
- Jedburgh: Dolphinston junction to Riverside rugby ground
- Earlston: petrol station to Carolside
- Lauder: Main Street
The A702 Dolphinton to Carlops trunk road also includes the following urban streets:
- West Linton: Biggar/Edinburgh Road (sometimes called the "top road")
- Carlops: Biggar Road
Trunk road maintenance
Trunk roads are not our responsibility and any of our workmen or vehicles seen operating on the trunk roads are under contract to BEAR Scotland.
Transport Scotland is responsible for trunk roads and queries should be made to their operating company BEAR Scotland.