Apply, renew or replace bus pass

Concessionary travel and bus passes

People who live in Scotland and are aged 60 and over or who have a disability can apply for a National Entitlement Card (NEC). This scheme provides free bus travel throughout Scotland.

You can also use your NEC as your library card.

Your NEC is valid on services to and from Carlisle and on services to and from Berwick-upon-Tweed from anywhere in Scotland. It is not valid for travel within these towns.

How to apply

You need to apply in person at one of our contact centres or library contact centres.

Please bring the following proof with you:

  • A form of identification, e.g. birth certificate, passport
  • Passport style photograph
  • Proof of address
  • Proof of entitlement to the card
  • Proof of your age (if you are between 11 and 26)

For further information, including if you qualify, and guidance on what we can accept as proof please visit Transport Scotland.

How to renew your card

When your card expires you do not need to complete a new application form, but if you have a disabled or companion card you will need to provide proof that you still qualify.

If you have an over 60s card this will automatically renew.

If you have changed your address

If you have moved house you will need to take proof of your new address to any contact centre or library contact centre so we can update our records.

Lost, stolen or damaged cards

Please contact us on 0300 100 1800 and we will arrange for a new card to be issued.

Find your nearest contact centre