Free bus travel and Young Scot cards

Apply, renew or replace bus pass


You can apply, renew or replace the following cards on the Get Your NEC website:

  • over 60s bus pass
  • a Young Scot card
  • a disabled concessionary travel card

You can check your eligibility, and any evidence you will require on the Transport Scotland website.

You will also be required to upload a completed certificate, which has been countersigned by the relevant professional person, if you are applying on the following grounds. You have:

  • epilepsy and been told not to drive because you have had a seizure in the last 12 months
  • a mental health condition that has lasted for more than a year and you need to travel to health or social care appointments
  • a learning disability and you need to travel to see a Support Worker or get to appointments or activities

How to apply

For 60+ concessionary travel:

For disabled concessionary travel:


Other ways to apply

If you cannot apply online via the GetYourNEC website, we will accept new, renewal and replacement applications for NEC (bus pass) and Young Scot cards via our online contact form.

If you require a NEC or Young Scot card you should apply for one as soon as possible, as due to high demand for the NEC service, it is taking longer than normal for applications to be processed. You should allow two weeks from the date we have received all the information within your application for your card to be delivered.

Download - NEC Epilepsy Certificate Download - NEC Learning Disabilities Certificate Download - NEC Mental Health Certificate

National Entitlement Card

Address: Council Headquarters
Newtown St. Boswells