Changes during festive period
Our pay and display car parking charges have been suspended from 1 December 2020 to 4 January 2021 to encourage Borderers to shop local this Christmas. Anyone with a residents parking permit will be provided with a one month extension.
If you have any questions, contact our Road Safety team by phone 01835 825165 or email [email protected]
If you use pay and display car parks regularly you can buy a parking permit. The costs are:
- resident - £26 per year
- resident (High Street car park, Galashiels) - £60 per year (Residents of High Street, Sime Place and Bridge Street, Galashiels - proof of residency required).
- visitor - £41.50 per year or £10.30 per month
Charity permits are available to unpaid volunteers of a registered charity when the charity is located near a pay and display car park.
Apply for a permit
- Resident permit application form
- Resident (High Street car park, Galashiels) permit application form
- Visitor annual permit application form
- Visitor monthly permit application form
- Charity permit application form
Find out more about the income received from residential parking permits.