Payments of local housing allowance
Payments will normally be made direct to the tenant every four weeks in arrears and, in most cases, LHA must be paid directly to the tenant.
Request payment to a landlord
Payments of LHA can be made direct to a landlord if:
- we consider that a tenant is unlikely to pay their rent
- we think that a tenant cannot handle their own affairs
- we can also make a payment directly to landlords where a tenant is 8 weeks or more in arrears with their rent
- where a landlord has reduced the rent to an affordable level to help a claimant to "secure or retain a tenancy"
To request that payments of housing benefit are paid directly to a landlord, please download the appropriate form:
- If you are the claimant - Direct Payments to Landlords Form
- If you are the landlord - Landlord Payment Request - Rent Arrears Form.
For further information on LHA please call Customer Services 0300 100 1800 or visit one of our contact centres.