Paying by direct debit is a safe and convenient way to pay your Council Tax with almost 70% of people choosing to pay by direct debit. You can set up and manage your direct debit using our Council Tax online system.
If you have already registered for your online Council Tax account, you should sign in now using your MyScotBorders account. For more information on the benefits of an online Council Tax account, including how to register, see our Council Tax online webpage.
To complete this form you will need to provide the following information:
- Bank or building society sort code and account number
- Council Tax account number
- An email address or contact number
You can choose to pay:
- monthly in 10 or 12 instalments on 1, 5, 15 or 25 of the month
- in a single payment on first of the month following receipt of your completed direct debit mandate
If you require any assistance in completing the direct debit Instruction, or you would like to pay your instalments fortnightly or 4 weekly, please contact us:
- via our contact form
- during office hours by telephone on 0300 100 1800
- by visiting one of our contact centres
For more information read our direct debit FAQs.