Book a collection
If you need to dispose of large household items like beds, sofas, tables and other furniture you can use the special uplift service.
A maximum of 5 items can be collected at any one time, a three piece suite will count as 3 items.
It costs £31.00 to have up to 5 items collected.
Changes and cancellations
You can change or cancel your booking up to 12 noon on the day before the collection by calling us on 0300 100 1800.
Cut off times and collection days for each area are shown in the table below.
|Area||Collection day||Changes and cancellations cut off|
|Duns and Eyemouth||Tuesday||Monday - 12 noon|
|Galashiels||Monday||Friday - 12 noon|
|Hawick, Jedburgh and Kelso||Thursday||Wednesday - 12 noon|
|Peebles||Wednesday||Tuesday - 12 noon|
Items must be left at your usual rubbish and recycling collection point by 7:30 am on the day of collection.
Items we can and cannot collect
Find out what types of items we can and cannot collect.
Donating items to charity
The item you want to dispose of could be accepted at a charity shop or by a local furniture reuse organisation.
Charity shops and organisations that accept large furniture in the Scottish Borders are:
- Berwickshire Furniture Restoration Co Ltd, Showroom, Earlsmeadow, Duns TD11 3AQ - 01361 884886.
- PDSA 64 Channel Street, Galashiels, TD1 1BA - 01896 759881.
- Home Basics, 2 Annfield Mills, Teviot Cresecent, Hawick TD9 9RE - 01450 363974
- Home Basics, Unit 7, Tweedvale Mills East, Walkerburn EH43 6AB - 01896 870455
- St Margaret's of Scotland Hospice, 34 Channel Street, Galashiels TD1 1BA - 01896 751188.
Furniture being donated may need to meet certain safety standards or regulations. Ask the organisation you are considering donating to for further information.
You can donate old bikes to the bike recycling scheme.
Alternative ways to dispose of items
You can dispose of household items and other waste free of charge at your local community recycling centre.