The Financial Support and Inclusion team can :
- give general benefit advice
- give advice when your benefit has been sanctioned
- help to prepare your benefit appeal and represent you at a tribunal
- give you redundancy advice
- provide training
- give talks and briefings
How you can contact the Financial Support and Inclusion team
You can contact the Financial Support and Inclusion team by calling our Customer Advice and Support Service on 0300 100 1800 who will direct your call accordingly.
You can also contact us online anytime. We aim to get back to you within 2 working days.
What information we will need to know
So that we can provide you with the best service, it is important that when you contact us for advice, you can give us the following information:
- the amount of your income and savings
- which benefits you currently receive
- your housing costs and council tax payments
- details of your health problems (if you want advice on disability benefits)
If you are unhappy with a benefit decision
It is important that you contact us straight away If you would like us to help you to challenge a benefit decision as there are time limits.
If the time limit has already passed, we may still be able to help you, as late mandatory reconsiderations and appeals can be requested in certain circumstances.
Find out more about benefit appeals.