Other money you may be entitled to

For details of other benefits, payments or grants you may be entitled to, visit the Scottish Government website.

Free glasses, dental treatment and travel costs to hospital

You will qualify if you or a member of your family get any of the following benefits or tax credits:

If you do not receive any of the above benefits you may still qualify if you have a low income. Find out more about help with health costs.

If you would like to discuss the above, you should contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Discretionary Housing Payment

You can apply for Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) if you receive Housing Benefit which is not enough to cover your rent in full.

Scottish Welfare Fund

You can apply to us for grants under the Scottish Welfare Fund. The fund can award both Community Care Grants and Crisis Grants. Neither type of grant has to be paid back.

If you would like to discuss either of the above, phone Customer Advice and Support Services on 0300 100 1800 or visit your local Contact Centre/Library Contact Centre.

Citizens Advice Bureau

For further general benefits advice contact your Local Citizens Advice Bureau

Customer Advice and Support Service

Address: Council Headquarters
Newtown St. Boswells

Telephone: 0300 100 1800