Selkirkshire by-election 2018
Following the resignation of Michelle Ballantyne a by-election was held on Thursday 22 February 2018 for Selkirkshire. The count was held on Friday 23 February 2018.
The final turnout for the count, including postal votes was 45.1 per cent
Caroline Penman was elected as the new Councillor for Selkirkshire at Stage 7.
The nominated candidates
- Trevor Adams - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Jack Clark - Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Kenneth Gunn - Independent
- Barbra - Scottish Green Party
- John Mitchell - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Caroline Penman - Independent
- Scott Redpath - Scottish Labout Party
There were 3496 valid ballots and 40 rejected ballot papers.