Each year a significant number of older people aged 75 and over suffer injuries as a result of a fall.
Falls can occur anywhere, in the home or outside and many of them can be prevented.
Advice is available
There are guidelines, information and services available to help you.
- You can speak to your GP or named worker (if you have one) about what is available.
- AskSARA is our free, easy-to-use website that provides advice and guidance about equipment and solutions that can make your life easier and help you to stay safe in your own home.
- Our equipment for independent living service provides advice, information and solutions that could help you to maximise your independence and mobility.
- You can also visit your nearest What Matters Hub where you can speak to social work staff and occupational therapists.
- Information is also available on the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) website.