For some activities, we also need to process more sensitive personal information about you for reasons of substantial public interest as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018.
It is necessary for us to process this more sensitive information for a number of reasons.
- to carry out key functions as set out in law
- in order to meet our legal obligations in relation to employment, social security and social protection law
- in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others in circumstances where we will not be able to seek your consent
- where this is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- for purposes of the provision of social care and the management of health and social care systems and services where this is necessary in the public interest in the area of public health
- for archiving, research and statistical purposes