Living with a disability
Our aim is to work in partnership with NHS Borders and the Third Sector to provide quality services that support your ongoing health and wellbeing if you have a physical disability.
How to get a physical disability service
- To help us decide what support may be available to help you and what charges may be applied, we will need you to have an assessment
- You can find out more by visiting your nearest What Matters Hub or by phoning us on 0300 100 1800 (Option 1).
We also provide an information and signposting service through Ability Borders which you may find helpful.
Physical disability strategy
The Scottish Borders Physical Disability Strategy, A Fairer Borders for People with a Physical Disability or Long-Term Condition and their Carers was approved by the Integration Joint Board in October. The strategy was developed with the support of key local representatives including:
- health and social care professionals
- members of the third and independent sectors
- housing specialists
- service users and carers.
An implementation plan for 2019-22 is now being developed.