Nursery school meals
All our nursery menus are carefully planned to meet national nutritional standards set by the Scottish Government.
We are committed to:
- offering fresh fruit, vegetables, salad and bread with every meal
- making sure our recipes contain less fat, sugar and salt and are healthier, better balanced and more nutritious
- meeting the requirements of the majority of pupils.
Our special family lunchtime service
We hold a family service during lunchtimes to give children the chance to sit down to a home cooked meal at a table setting while learning to:
- take part in a social dining experience
- learn positive social skills, behaviours and table manners
- learn how to share food and use cutlery properly
- taste different foods, as they are often more keen to try something new in a group setting with other children present.
The service is being rolled out as part of the expansion of early learning and childcare hours currently being implemented across the Borders. It will be available in all settings by August 2020.
Paying for meals
Meals can be paid for using Parentpay which is accessed via a computer or smartphone. If you don’t have online access, speak to your school administrator who will be able to help with an alternative solution.
Help with special dietary requirements
We do our best to cater for anyone who has special dietary requirements. Our nutritionist can help with advice, information and menu planning – just get in touch for a chat or to make an appointment to discuss your child’s needs in more detail, and we will do all we can to help.
To find out more, contact Catering Services on 01835 824000 and ask for the Nursery Liaison Co-ordinator or the Food and Nutrition Co-ordinator.