Primary school menus have been developed to meet national nutritional standards set by the Scottish Government. Our recipes contain less fat, sugar and salt and are now better balanced, healthier and more nutritious.
Primary school menus
Main meal is a daily choice of:
- soup with a sandwich
- one of two main course options
- 'grab five' packed lunch (ask if this option is available at your school)
- themed lunches based on school projects, curriculum or external events
Dessert is a choice of:
- the daily dessert
- fresh fruit
Drinks are a choice of:
- fruit juice
If you would like more information on the school menu and the recipes we use please speak to your school cook.
The current price of a school lunch is £2.10.
*Regen menus run in the following schools:
All other schools run the Traditional menu.
View allergen information for school meals.
Menus are issued throughout the year and are based on a four week menu cycle. A pre-ordering system is in place which allows you to spend time discussing your child's weekly choices in advance.
One week prior to the actual menu running:
- your child will receive a pre-ordering envelope which highlights all choices for each day or you will be able to order your lunch using the online payment facility with Parent Pay
- you should select the choices your child wants that week
- return with the appropriate money to the school if you are using a pre-ordering envelope
- for children entitled to free school meals, the pre-ordering envelope system ensures anonymity
Parents of primary one to three pupils in the Borders are reminded that their child is eligible for a free school meal as part of the Scottish Government’s new initiative.
Free P1-3 meal scheme
The scheme is now in place and every P1 to P3 pupil can now receive a free nutritional meal that complies with current legislation and help towards improved learning attainment.
We are able to deal with special dietary requirements providing we have prior knowledge of a child’s needs and our Nutritionist will arrange to meet any parent or carer to discuss the scheme.
Anyone with a query on the new P1 to P3 free school meal initiative can phone 01835 825149 or fill out the online contact form.