All of our Licensing services are currently only available through email email@example.com or phone 01835 826662. We are unable to facilitate any face to face contact so please do not attempt to visit our offices.
We are responsible for administering a large variety of licences, permits and consents which include:
- Accommodation Licences
- Animal Regulation and Licences
- Business Licences
- Dangerous Goods
- Entertainment Licences
- Food Safety Licences
- Gambling Licences
- Liquor licensing
- Marches and Parades Licences
- Public Charitable Collections Licences
- Taxi Licences
Under legislation approved by the Scottish Government on 19 January 2022, we, like all Scottish local authorities, are required to establish a short-term lets licensing scheme by 1 October 2022 . We are preparing for the administration of the scheme and is developing a relevant licensing policy which will cover things such as the licence duration and the setting of the fees which will be payable. The short term let licensing scheme will apply to a wide range of accommodation including self-catered properties, B & B’s, guest houses, glamping pods and yurts.
In terms of the scheme:
- New hosts and Operators that have never operated a short term let before 1 October 2022 will have to apply for a licence from 1 October 2022.
- Existing Hosts and Operators will have until 1 April 2023 to apply for a licence and can continue to operate whilst their application is being processed.
- All Hosts and Operators must have a licence by 1 July 2024.