Innerleithen site for Gypsy/Travellers
Tweedside Caravan Park in Innerleithen has 10 pitches and related amenities which are exclusively for use by Gypsy/Travellers. The site is run by an independent private business which leases it from us and runs it as a commercial enterprise. This is a unique type of arrangement in Scotland.
The site is based in the rural Scottish Borders, overlooking the river Tweed and is open from April to September each year. The pitch rent is £50 per week and admittance depends on pitch availability.
We are committed to working together with Tweedside Caravan Park to ensure that the site meets the Scottish Government’s Minimum Site Standards for Gypsy/Traveller Sites and complies with the Scottish Social Housing Charter.
The site contains:
- onsite management, contactable 24/7
- a hard standing area with space for a large residential trailer caravan and vehicle parking
- electricity and running water
- storage space
- space for domestic appliances
- private toilets and shower rooms
- site cleaning and waste removal services
- laundry facilities and communal drying area
- one pitch that has been fully adapted for use by disabled Gypsy/Travellers
- close links with the local community health service