What can go in your general waste bin
Please do not put any of the following items in your black lidded general waste bin:
- recycling - place paper, card, cans and plastic in the blue lidded recycling bin instead
- loose ash or vacum dust - this is a health hazard for collection crews if unbagged
- paint - this is not suitable for collection in our compaction vehicles
Help us reduce the amount of waste going to landfill
Please think whether items really are waste before you bin them. Could your items:
- be reused by others
- go to a charity shop or textile bank
- be recycled at a bottle bank
- be recycled at a community recycling centre (for example, small electrical goods)?
General waste advice
- Squash waste before you bin it.
- Do not use recycling bags for general waste.
- Use only one black lidded bin per household.
- Waste presented outside the bin will not be collected.