What we can and cannot collect
The following lists are examples of household items we can and cannot collect.
Items we can collect
- Electric heaters
- Fireplaces and fire surrounds
- Fridges/freezers (emptied, clean and defrosted)
- Small garden tools
- Sofas (recliner sofas must be dismantled before collection)
- Storage heaters (bricks removed)
Items we cannot collect
This service is for household items only, and therefore cannot be used by a business, or for items such as commercial fridges or freezers. We do not collect liquids or hazardous materials, e.g. asbestos.
Other items we cannot collect include:
- Building materials, including bags of rubbish/rubble
- Car batteries or any other type of battery
- Concrete coal bunkers
- Garage doors
- Garden sheds
- Garden swings
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- General waste
- Heating/oil tanks
- Storage heater bricks
We reserve the right to leave items presented that are not acceptable or unsafe for collection.