Prison and reintegration services

Release from prison

You can be sentenced to a period in prison. On release you might be supervised on licence or statutory order by a criminal justice social worker. This is known as statutory throughcare.

Statutory throughcare

If you are to be released on a licence or statutory order your social worker will see you during your sentence and when you are released. They may also have contact with your family.

Voluntary throughcare

If you are not being released on licence or statutory order you may still want to access support after you leave prison. You can do this by requesting support prior to being released or within 12 months of being released.

Justice Services

Address: Council Offices
Albert Place

Telephone: 01896 664140