Walking for health
Walk It is part of Paths for All and The Scottish Health Walk Network. Watch this video of Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director, Scottish Government, giving his support for what we do out there:
Walk It aims to improve health in the Scottish Borders by encouraging people to walk.
- Want to be more active but don't know where to start?
- Interested in feeling fitter?
- Want to lose weight?
- Want to feel more relaxed in your daily life?
- Want to enjoy our beautiful countryside but find hill walking too difficult?
- Want to walk in the company of friendly folk?
Our free, short, low level walks could be just what you're looking for. The walks last around 60 minutes and finish up with refreshments.
Find your local walk
Walk leader training
Volunteer walk leaders are always required, you can become an accredited Walk Leader with Walk It by attending a one day training course. The course will:
- help you gain the skills and confidence to lead safe, short, local health walks
- be free of charge
- offer a Walk Leader certificate on completion
- make you a registered Walk Leader
To book training or for more information please contact the Walk It coordinator online or phone 01835 826702.