The Community Cycling Fund is now open with £125k available. Community groups/organisations and event businesses can apply for grants between £3k and £15k.
The Fund has been created to help organisations:
- Deliver cycling activity and events to encourage and inspire new and existing cyclists to participate in a fun and safe environment
- Reach and engage new audiences to participate in organised and inclusive cycling activity and events
- Encourage cycling with a focus on engaging under-represented groups, including children and young people, girls and women
- To connect and add value to existing cycling initiatives, programmes, events and infrastructure
- To promote, celebrate and raise awareness of the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships and the wider policy ambitions of the event and the Power of the Bike.
Community groups/organisations and event businesses within the five Scottish Borders locality areas will receive an allocation of this funding based on their population and on the activity or event.
Grant awards can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Enhancing existing events with new cycling opportunities that promote the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships
- Cycling innovations which develop, enhance or grow cycling participation and/ or the event
- Free small activity and events which provide local communities the opportunity to celebrate the power of the bike and take part in cycling
- Costs supporting sustainable practices as part of a wider event
- Management event fees (can be commercial), up to 25% of grant
How to apply
If you would like to apply to the Community Cycling Fund, please download an application form at the bottom of this page.
Please ensure that you read the guidance notes for information on eligibility and that you have all the supporting documents detailed in the guidance notes, ready to submit.
Please help us to progress your application by submitting all the relevant supporting documents – we will not be able to consider your application until we have received these.
Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted to email@example.com.
Application and project deadlines
Applications will be accepted until 31 January 2024, subject to availability of funds.
Projects must be delivered by 31 March 2024.
If you need help to complete the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have received a grant from us previously and have since delivered the project in full or the evaluation deadline has lapsed, a grant evaluation form must be completed before you can apply for a new grant.
The Community Cycling Fund will be operated in line with the principles of best practice and our Code of Practice for following the Public Pound