Our care at home service can be of help if you have a disability, long term condition or are recovering from an illness. We can help with things like:
- washing and dressing
- preparing meals and eating
- going to the toilet
- remembering to take or taking medication
- getting up and going to bed
- support with household hygiene (if you have personal care needs)
- shopping service
- laundry services
- frozen meals
Maintaining independence with mobility equipment
- Our equipment for independent living service provides advice, information and solutions that could help you to maximise your independence and mobility.
- AskSARA is a free, easy-to-use website that provides advice and guidance about equipment and solutions that can make your life easier. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and could help you, or someone you care about, with your health, your home or your daily activities.
Self directed support
- Self directed support is an approach to social care that allows you more control and choice over the support you receive.
How much will it cost?
- The cost of a service varies depending on your eligibility to receive it. In some cases services may be free. In others, a charge may be applied in line with our eligibility criteria and charging policy
How to get a service
- To help us decide what support may be available to help you and what charges may be applied, we will need you to have an assessment
- You can find out more by visiting your nearest What Matters Hub or by phoning us on 0300 100 1800 (Option 1).
- If you are not eligible to receive a free or subsidised service, or if you prefer to arrange a service directly without an assessment, you can contact SB Cares or another service provider.