We will assess whether you are entitled to free personal care and other free services. Your named worker will discuss the options with you.
You will be entitled to:
- free care if you meet palliative care criteria
- free personal care if you are 65 years old or over
You may also receive up to six weeks of free new or additional services:
- if you are 65 years old or over, and
- have been discharged from an NHS Hospital, and
- you were an in-patient for 24 hours or more
After a six week period only the personal care element of the service will continue to be free.
Services in place prior to admission to hospital, and which continue after discharge, will continue to be chargeable.
- There is no charge for the personal care part of your care at home.
- If you receive free personal care only, you will not be asked to complete a financial information form.
- If your service changes to include a chargeable service you will be asked to complete a form to enable us to assess your contribution.
How to get a service
You will need an assessment. Find out how to arrange an assessment.