Apply for an eligible two year old place
Enrolment week - 30 May to 3 June
Parents who have children born between 1 March 2020 and 28 February 2021 and who meet the criteria for 2022-23 may be eligible for up to 1140 hours of Early Learning and Childcare (ELC).
Applications can continue to be made for chilren who meet this years birthdate criteria and who have not yet turned three years of age, these would be children born 1 September 2019 up to 29 February 2020.
Session 2022-23 qualifying criteria
- children must have been born between 1 March 2020 and 28 February 2021
- parents must in receipt of one of the following benefits on list A or B below
- meet the alternative criteria
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity/severe disablement allowances
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £17,005
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and your income is under £7,920
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £660
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- children aged two or over who are (or have been at any point since turning two) looked after by a local council, the subject of a kinship care or guardianship order are eligible
- children of care experienced parents born between the birth dates above
How do I apply?
You need to complete the online eligibility check form
If your child is eligible for a funded two year old place, the funding will remain in place until they start ELC3, even if your circumstances change.
Make sure all relevant paperwork relating to eligibility is attached with the application.This needs to relate to the most recent pariod and include the following information
• Parent’s name and address,
• the statement period,
• the full breakdown of benefit entitlements
• full breakdown of deductions, even if the deductions shown are zero