Apply for an eligible two year old place
Parents who have children born between 1 March 2018 and 28 February 2019 and who meet the following criteria may be eligible for upto 1140 hours of Early Learning and Childcare (ELC).
- children must have been born between 1 March 2018 and 28 February 2019
- parents must in receipt of one of the following benefits on list A or B below
- meet the alternative criteria
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity/severe disablement allowances
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £7,320
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- children aged two or over who are (or have been at any point since turning two) looked after by a local council, the subject of a kinship care or guardianship order are eligible
- children of care experienced parents born between the birth dates above
How do I apply?
You need to complete the Eligibility Check Form and submit it to the participating school, nursery, playgroup or childminder you want your child to attend, along with evidence of your eligibilty.
What happens next?
The setting will process your application and let you know if you are eligible or not.
If eligible, you will be asked to submit a full application form. To do this you will need the following documents:
- your child’s birth certificate
- proof of their address such as:
- council tax bill
- child benefit letter
- bank statement
- utility bill
If your child is eligible for a funded two year old place, the funding will remain in place until he or she starts ELC3, even if your circumstances change.
If access to the Job Centre+ is difficult, due to distance to travel, please ensure all relevant paperwork relating to eligibility for List A is attached with the application.