What is Early Learning and Childcare?
Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) is about learning and development through play, exploring and having fun.
Your child will be encouraged to develop their learning journey with others and on their own, choosing from a wide range of experiences and activities. Evidence shows that high quality ELC makes a significant positive impact on outcomes for children such as:
- improving language and social skills
- encouraging your child to learn through play with other children
- enhancing their learning journey with benefits that they take forward into school
- there's a wide range of experiences to excite and delight them
- playing with other children encourages your child to be physically active
- your child can take the lead in their own learning and go at their own pace
All staff are trained to create opportunities for play and learning to help your child’s all round development.
The Parent Club website has more information relating to the benefits of ELC.