Apply for a 3 or 4 year old ELC place
Early learning and childcare (ELC) for 3 and 4 year olds
- Where a child’s birthday falls on or between 1 March – 31 August they will become eligible for funding from August (autumn term) occurring in that year
- Where a child’s birthday falls on or between 1 September – 31 December they will become eligible for funding from January (spring term) following their birthday
- Where a child’s birthday falls on or between 1 January – last day February they will become eligible for funding from April (summer term) following their birthday
Enrolment week for children due to start ELC3 or ELC4 from August 2020 will take place between 18-22 November 2019.
Parents of children born between 1 March 2016 and 28 February 2018 can collect an application pack from a participating ELC 3/4 setting from 18 November 2019.
Applying for an ELC place
3 and 4 year olds
Children born between 1 March 2016 and 28 February 2018 will be eligible for up to 1140 hours of free ELC from August 2020.
Download an application or request a copy from your chosen setting from 18 November 2019.
- Complete one ELC application per child. These will be available at your chosen setting.
- Return the completed application form to your chosen setting by the end of enrolment week (although applications will be accepted after this date).
- You must also take along your child's birth certificate and a proof of address (council tax bill, child benefit letter, bank statement, utility bill or a driving licence) when you return the application form.
Deferred entry to Primary 1
School commencement date to 31 December birthdays
- The allocation of an additional funded ELC places for children born between school commencment date and December is at our discretion.
January or February birthdays
- Children born in January or February are guaranteed another year of ELC should their parents wish it.
Should you wish to defer your child’s entry to P1 please discuss this with your headteacher or setting manager.