Apply for a 3 or 4 year old ELC place
Start date for 3 year old funded places
Due to COVID-19 there will be no early starts for 3 year old children starting nursery. Funding will be available from the Government funding start dates which is the next term following the date of their third birthday.
This means that:
- children who turn three in September, October November and December 2020 will start nursery on 5 January 2021
- children who turn three in January and February 2021 will start on 19 April 2021 after the Easter holidays
- children who turn three from March 1 2021 onwards will be eligible to start their nursery place in August 2021
Government funding start dates
Where a child's third birthday falls on or between:
- 1 March - 31 August they will become eligible for funding from August (autumn term) occurring in that year
- 1 September - 31 December they will become eligible for funding from January (spring term) following their birthday
- 1 January - last day February they will become eligible for funding from April (summer term) following their birthday
Enrolment week for children due to start ELC3 or ELC4 from August 2020 took place between 18-22 November 2019.
Applying for an ELC place
3 and 4 year olds
Children born between 1 March 2016 and 28 February 2018 will be eligible for up to 1140 hours of free ELC from August 2020.
Download an application or request a copy from your chosen setting.
- Complete one ELC application per child. These will be available at your chosen setting.
- Return the completed application form to your chosen setting by the end of enrolment week (although applications will be accepted after this date).
- You must also take along your child's birth certificate and a proof of address (council tax bill, child benefit letter, bank statement, utility bill or a driving licence) when you return the application form.
Deferred entry to Primary 1
School commencement date to 31 December birthdays
- The allocation of an additional funded ELC places for children born between school commencment date and December is at our discretion.
January or February birthdays
- Children born in January or February are guaranteed another year of ELC should their parents wish it.
Should you wish to defer your child’s entry to P1 please discuss this with your headteacher or setting manager.