About the Park
Wilton Lodge Park is the major park in Hawick providing a range of facilities typical of a traditional public park, with its long boundary along the river Teviot and valleyside landform.
Images of Wilton Lodge Park can be viewed on our Flickr page.
A £100,000 cycle paths improvements project in the park was funded by the Scottish Government and delivered by Sustrans Scotland, through its Community Links Programme, in partnership with us. A further £20,000 was provided by Smarter Choices, Smarter Placed fund to promote cycling in the park.
Wilton Lodge is also the only park in the Scottish Borders to have Green Flag status.
Accessing the Park
The park benefits from a large car parking facility (The Common Haugh Car Park) as well as being connected to a comprehensive road and path network; which provides multiple options for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users as well as those looking to arrive by car. Further information on travel directions and accessing the park.
Things to Do
- The Pavilion Cafe (Menus and opening times which are subject to change)
- Childrens Playpark (Take a virtual tour)
- Museum (see further information)
- Walled Garden (see further information)
- Cycle Routes (see further information)
- Sports Pitches (Grass Pitch Bookings and Synthetic Pitch Bookings)
- Woodland Walks (see further information on available walks)
- Volunteering (see further information)
The park hosts various events from March through to October which includes:
- Reivers Pre-show and Fireworks display
- Easter Egg Hunts
- Science Festival Family Day
- Summer Band Stand Programme
- Summer Fun Sessions
These events take place all round Wilton Lodge Park and locations include:
- Elliot Bandstand
- Greenspace area next to playpark and Pavilion Cafe
- Walled Garden
Wilton Lodge Park has been voted #2 out of 18 things to do in Hawick on Tripadvisor.