Commemorative seats and memorial trees are a popular way of remembering loved ones, with a gift to the town or village which can be appreciated by others.
We do not have a list of trees to be considered for planting as each application is considered individually. Trees are planted between November and February.
The location you wish the bench to be erected must be in an area owned or managed by us.
To find out more about the purchase of a bench or the planting of a tree please complete our online enquiry form.
Unfortunately there are no spaces available for memorial benches at Coldingham Beach or on the coastal path between St Abbs and Coldingham Bay.
- the type of seat that you choose should be in keeping with, and will be determined by, the desired area and location
- the type of plaque will be dependent on the bench you have requested
- see our Flickr for examples of benches available
Phoenix black recycled material seat
- designed with fully recycled end supports and slats
- ideal for parks and coastal/river walkways
- made from black enviropol materials and 6ft in length
- can be fitted with a stainless steel memorial plaque and has a maximum of 130 letters
Glen isla traditional wooden seat
- this type of seat combines traditional appearance with comfort and durability, and is suitable for any location
- the seat is 6ft in length
- can be fitted with an aged bronze memorial plaque and has a maximum of 100 letters
Costs excluding VAT, brackets and delivery charge
The amount paid will cover the costs of:
- the seat
- an element of future maintenance requirements
|Seat/Bench||Seat cost||Plaque cost|
|Phoenix black recycled material seat||£482.37||£83.60 (stainless steel)|
|Glen Isla traditional wooden seat||£549||£130 per 50 letters, £1 per three letters thereafter|
Once location has been agreed payment will be required prior to the bench/tree being ordered.
Payments can be made by phone or by visiting your local contact centre quoting your unique reference number.
Maintenance, repairs and replacement
- hardwood seats will be treated with an appropriate preservative every two years
- metal seats and metalwork on recycled seats will be painted as and when necessary
- removal of graffiti and general cleaning will be carried out as and when necessary
- repairs will be undertaken throughout the natural life of the seat