Apply, renew or replace bus pass

Bus pass and Young Scot card changes – have you received your new card?

Concessionary travel and bus passes

Old style Young Scot and National Entitlement Cards (NEC) stopped working for travel concessions on 31 December 2016. 

If you still hold an old style card you will need to upgrade.

60+ National Entitlement Cards

How do I know if I have an old style card?

The new style card no longer carries a ‘valid to’ date and the logo has changed to either a saltire card logo or a mygovscot logo.

nec card


How do I upgrade?

If your details haven’t changed call 0300 100 1800 and let us know you need a new card.

If your details have changed then you need to visit one of our contact centres or library contact centres. You will need to bring proof of the change with you. If you wish, you can also update your photo at the same time - just bring an up-to-date passport style photograph with you.

Young Scot Card

How do I know if I have an old style card?

A new style card has a pink strip across the date of birth field on the card. If your card has the pink strip, you are ready to go. If there is no pink strip, you need to upgrade.

New Young Scot card


How do I upgrade?

There are a number of options:

  • Go along to the administration team at your High School with an up to date passport style photograph and they will verify your details and pass on your request.
  • Visit Young Scot where you can upload a photo but we may need to contact you to verify some details
  • Visit one of our contact centres or library contact centres, taking an up to date passport style photograph with you, and if any of your details have changed, appropriate proof of that change.