A Blue Badge can help you park close to where you need to go either as a driver or passenger. The badge is intended for on-street parking only.
Who can apply for a Blue Badge?
- people with a severe mobility problem
- people who are registered severely sight impaired
- people with a severe disability in both arms
- children under three with specific medical conditions
- people with a lack of awareness of the danger from traffic
Organisations which care for and transport disabled people, who would meet the eligibility criteria if they applied for an individual Blue Badge, can also apply.
Cost of a Blue Badge
A badge costs £20 and can be valid for between 12 months and three years.
If you are moving into the Scottish Borders from out with Scotland and have a valid Blue Badge this can be used in Scotland until it expires. When the Blue Badge does expire you will then be required to apply under the Scottish eligibilty critera.
For further information on Blue Badges, including how to apply, visit mygov.scot. To report a lost, stolen or damaged badge, contact Customer Advice and Support Service.