Byelaws provide details of the hours children are permitted to work and the types of employment allowed.
You can download the:
Child performance licence
Children of compulsory school age who wish to take part in performances may need to apply for a licence. The performing industries include television, film, theatre, modelling and sporting activities.
A licence is required if one or more of the following applies:
- your child is of compulsory school age and lives in the Scottish Borders
- a charge is made for admission to the performance
- the performance is taking place within licensed premises
- the performance is to be filmed
Download a Child performance license application form
A licence is not required if one or more of the following applies:
- there is no payment to your child for the performance
- the performance or production is being made by your child's school