What Matters hubs offer drop in sessions and appointments where you can:
- meet with people from community groups and voluntary organisations across the Scottish Borders
- meet with our staff such as social workers and occupational therapists
Organisations and groups who offer advice
What Matters Hubs are supported on a regular basis by the British Red Cross.
Other providers, attending when they can, include:
- Borders Carers Centre
- Alzheimer’s Scotland
- Borders Independent Advocacy Service
- Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland
- Community Capacity Building
- Domestic Abuse Service
Information about support from other providers is also available from Health and Social Care or Red Cross staff who will signpost people to any of these services.
Benefits of What Matters hubs
- help you to get information and advice quickly to remain in your own home and get involved in your community
- help you find the support you need to stay independent, such as equipment, transport or help at home
- provide advice for carers about support available in your area
- provide information about what is happening in your local area and where you could meet new people
- provide information about volunteering opportunities
Where are sessions available?
Drop-in sessions are currently provided in:
- Duns: every second Tuesday, 1.00-4.00pm, Library Contact Centre, 49 Newtown Street, Duns TD11 3AU
- Eyemouth: every second Monday, 11.00am-2.30pm, Eyemouth Community Centre, Albert Road TD14 5DE
- Galashiels: every Thursday, 1.00-4.00pm, Hope Central, Overghaugh Street, Galashiels TD1 1DL
- Hawick: every Thursday,10.00am–3.00pm, Heart of Hawick (Upstairs in Café), Tower Mill, Kirkstile, Hawick TD9 0AE
- Kelso: every Tuesday, 1.00-4.00pm, The Planet, Abbotseat Road, Kelso TD5 7LS
- Newcastleton: the first Tuesday of every month, 9.30am-2.30pm, No 8 Club, Montague Street, Newcastleton, TD9 0RA
- Peebles: every Wednesday, 2.00pm-4.00pm, Eastgate Theatre (Studio Room), Eastgate, Peebles EH45 8AD
- Walkerburn: the last Monday of every month, 10.00am -1.00pm, Village Hall, Galashiels Road, Walkerburn EH43 6AE
- West Linton: every second Monday, 10.00am-3.00pm, Village Centre, Raemartin Square, West Linton EH46 7ED
Where can I get more information?
Appointments are also available across the Scottish Borders.
To find out more, contact Customer Advice and Support on 0300 100 1800.