Empty homes matchmaker scheme
Our matchmaker scheme aims to match those wishing to sell their empty homes with people who are specifically looking to buy an empty home.
Not all empty home owners have the time or financial resources to bring their property back into use. When this happens, sometimes the best solution is to sell the property to someone who is able to take on the challenge.
The matchmaker scheme is open to all long term empty homes where the owners are looking to sell. Regardless of whether the property is in need of full renovation, is in good condition or on the sales market or not.
Selling an empty home
This scheme offers a hassle free option if you are thinking about selling but haven’t made up your mind. Or can provide you with extra support if you are struggling to find a buyer.
Benefits for sellers include:
- it's a free service, where the property can be listed for an indefinite period, until sold
- increased exposure directly with a target market, the empty property will be seen by buyers who are specifically looking to acquire an empty home
- non-exclusive, the property can remain on sale with an estate agent and the sale can continue with the agent if a match is made via the scheme
Buying an empty home
Buying empty homes requiring renovation provides the opportunity to buy at a lower cost and personalise the property as it is renovated. Every empty home is different, there is the opportunity to buy both traditional and modern properties. In move in condition, as doer-uppers or as big projects in towns, villages and rural locations across the Scottish Borders.
Benefits for buyers include:
- it's free to join the matchmaker scheme, allowing us to match you to suitable properties
- opportunity for investment, an empty home needing some renovation can provide an opportunity to buy at a more affordable price, increasing the possibility of making a profit through either renting out or selling in the future
- vcacant possession, an empty home gives the buyer the advantage of vacant possession, so you can start developing the property as soon as you like
What happens next
To join our matchmaker scheme, fill in and return the relevant registration form, to our Empty Homes Officer Rachel.email@example.com
Our team will be in touch to confirm receipt and update you on any matches. As new properties are added, buyers will receive details of any with matching criteria. Owners will be notified of matches.
If the property is on the market buyers will be directed to contact the selling agent. If the property is not on the market, any buyers who would like more information or to arrange a viewing should contact our Empty Homes Officer who will then put the seller and buyer in touch with each other.