The Local Housing Strategy (LHS) will set out how we and our partners plan to address housing and housing related opportunities and challenges over the five year period 2023-28. This new plan will build on the progress made on the issues identified in the LHS 2017-22 and will address newly arising housing matters particularly in response to the publication of new LHS Guidance, Housing to 2040 and the COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe that good housing can help our community to
- tackle attainment
- reduce inequalities
- create sustainable communities
- assist in regenerating the places where we live
The LHS is key in informing housing investment and service delivery and to ensuring everyone has a home which meets their needs.
Take part in our consultation
An early engagement survey took place towards the end of 2021 and the feedback gained has helped shape four papers, focusing on key topics raised by Borderers and stakeholders.
- Condition, climate change and energy efficiency
- Housing delivery and placemaking
- Particular housing and specialist provision
Views are now being sought on these papers and future housing priorities for ourselves and other local partners, including Registered Social Landlords.
Online workshop sessions will also take place, providing an opportunity to discuss local housing issues in detail. Four sessions will take place, each involving a general discussion and then a focus on one of the four housing issues papers.
These will take place as follows:
- Condition, Climate Change and Energy Efficiency: Tuesday 2 August 2022 11am – 1pm
- Homelessness: Wednesday 3 August 5.30pm-7.30pm
- Housing Delivery and Placemaking: Monday 8 August 3pm-5pm
- Particular Housing and Specialist Provision: Wednesday 10 August 9am-11am
Register your interest in attending online.
For more information, email LHS@scotborders.gov.uk