Mediation can be used when:
- both you and your neighbour want to resolve the issues you have been experiencing
- the issues are within the control of you and your neighbour
- no legal action is pending or the dispute is a fairly recent one
Long term disputes can be mediated but the chances of success are greater the earlier the problem is tackled.
What can we help with?
The types of issues mediation can help with include:
- noise issues
- use of communal areas
- lifestyle clashes
- boundary disputes (no legal actions pending)
- breakdown in communications
How does it work?
- call us on 0800 028 5711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- we will talk about the issues you are experiencing
- once we have spoken with you, we will make contact with the other person to ask if they wish to participate
- an initial meeting will be arranged to come and see both parties alone within their home
- if you both agree to continue, a meeting can then be arranged at a neutral venue under a controlled environment
- you can stop at any time if you are uncomfortable with the process
Our aim is to help you to come reach an agreement which is acceptable to both parties.