We have now launched the Scottish Borders Trusted Trader Scheme, which is part of the Scottish wide trusted trader network.
The aims of the scheme are to:
- increase consumer confidence
- help protect citizens from doorstep crime
- encourage good practice within local business
- promote vetted local businesses
We have a time limited offer promotion for new members, £120 incl VAT. (The usual fee is £240 incl VAT.)
- 12 months of Trusted Trader membership and see how it benefits your business.
- Fully refundable fee in the event you are unable to meet the vetting requirements.
- Your business showcased with other vetted businesses across the Scottish Borders.
- Have access to official logos and marketing materials to promote your business.
The scheme is funded by annual membership, but ti help launch the Scottish Borders Trusted Trader scheme, the annual fee will be reduced by 50% to £100 + VAT (£120) for the first 25 applications. This will be on a first come first served basis.
The Scottish Borders Trusted Trader schemes is Council backed and supported by Police Scotland.
If you are a Scottish Borders based business that has a minimum of six months clean trading history and would be interested in joining the Trusted Trader scheme, then you can apply here or request more information
You can learn more about the schemes Code of Practice, with expectations of members.
In 2022, the average membership renewal rate across all Trusted Trader schemes was 96%, with members citing increased credibility and lead generation as their primary motivation for being a member.